I am joining in with this challenge for 2021. I quite proud of myself at the start of 2020 I downloaded a spreadsheet from https://readervoracious.com. I have tried various ways to go more in depth with my reading over the years. Bullet Journals, spreadsheets, notebooks but this the first year i was able to really stick to it. What was different this year? Well i kept the spreadsheet updated on my iPad where before it was on my computer which is not at my fingertips as easily. Bullet journals did not work as i got over detailed with them. I also picked up a reading log book but i using it for series rather then individual books unless it a very complicated on i think i go back to.
According to my spreadsheet for 2020 i read 43 audiobooks in 2020. Looking over the challenge picture for the levels for 2021.
- Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
- Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
- Stenographer (can listen while multitasking) 10-15
- Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
- Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
- My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30+
- Marathoner (Look Ma No Hands) 50+
- Over-Achiever (Power Listener) 75+
- The 100 Club (Audiobook Addict) 100+
At 43 books that would have me in My Precious level. So for 2021 i like to see me achieve Marathoner or over-achiever status. I will make sure to tweet each time i finish and hopefully find a widget to add to my blog here that will update you guys as well.
- Runs January 1, 2021 – December 31, 2021. You can join at any time.
- The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2020 than you did in 2018.
- Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
- ANY genres count.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc.
- If you’re a blogger grab the button and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweet about the challenge.
- Updates plus a giveaway will be posted twice during the year. The first update will be July 2, 2021, and the last update will take place on December 30, 2021.
Hope you decide to join in along with us. The hashtags for this challenge are #2021AudiobookChallenge